And then it was May!

The IRA Convention always marks the end of the school year and beginning of summer for me. This year it was my last booking until July, when I will be conducted part of a writing for children course. IRA was good - hectic but good. I enjoyed seeing many friends and making new ones during the one day Institute I presented with several other writers. The highlight was meeting Ron Broda, the illustrator of In My Backyard. We had never met each other (illustrators are assigned by the publisher) but recognized each other immediately! Ron was a great presenter as well as a gifted artist. His original paper sculptures had everyone in awe.
I signed books in the booths of Maupin House and Boyds Mills Press. I also co-presented the Poetry Olio, always my favorite event at IRA.
Since I came back I have been mowing lawns, weeding and getting ready for the first guests in our B & B. More about that soon! Enjoy the last few weeks of the school year!

No comments: